Pages

Friday, April 25, 2014

diyfish inserts for my midori traveler's notebook

today I went to staples to print out my diyfish inserts for my midori traveler's notebook... i am a HUGE fan of fish's inserts... i use them in my filofax and now in my midori... i just love the layout... i use my inserts to keep track of all my social media information... i will be going over exactly HOW i use them...

now back to the inserts... i ordered them off of diyfish's etsy shop... she has a tremendous selection of inserts... i purchased the inserts for midori traveler's notebook in regular size... i also selected the inserts for may - august... they print out 4 months per notebook... when you purchase the inserts, you will receive 3 files to download... The first 2 files you will receive will be the inserts - one in A4 paper size and one in letter size... the last file contains printing instructions...

once you download the files, it is time to print them out... i do not have the best printer... so i had my inserts printed out at staples...  it cost me $3.49 to print out the whole set on letter sized paper...  the one suggestion that i have for printing out the inserts at staples...  you should print them out head to toe... otherwise, they will not print correctly... 

after printing the next step is to fold them... i first try and fold them in half and flip through, so i have an idea of how they will go together in the notebook... i use my scor-buddy for this step...

                                            folding my inserts

the inserts are marked with a marks that you use to guide your scoring...  i scor the pages in sections... once i am done scoring all the pages, i begin to bind the notebook...

there are several different techniques that you can use to bind your notebooks... i opt for the easiest one, which is to staple it... this is another step that i do at staples, because they have a long reaching stapler that i use... the other item you will need at this point is a file folder...i use a plain-colored one... i line the the scored part of the inserts with the fold portion of the folder...  then I begin to staple... 

                                       binding the notebook

i attached the notebook together in 3 places... on the outer sides and once in the middle...  i also staple on the outside of the notbook...  be sure to place your staples INSIDE of the cutting area... now for the cutting... this, for me, is the hardest part...

                                      cutting the notebook

you need to be very careful when cutting the inserts... i cut my finger this time... so, back to staples i went and had them trim it for me...  you can use a paper trimmer or a craft knife, ruler and cutting mat... either way will work, so do what you feel more comfortable with... here is the final result...

                                                    cover

                                          inside notebook

i hope you enjoyed this post and decide to try these inserts...  til next time...

leslie :-)








No comments:

Post a Comment