Pages

Friday, March 21, 2014

Project Life Update

This is going to be a little more than just a Project Life update. I'm going to give you a little bit of history if how I go about project life. I started in the middle of 2010. I bought one of my first Project Life kits. I started doing this project as a photo & journaling per day. I would journal about the picture for that day. I felt that this would be a project that I could handle and  great way to document my family. (I still only have 5 pages in my oldest son's scrapbook. He was born before I got into scrap booking). I didn't have any stress of not catching up and how to decorate my pages. It was a brilliant idea!!

Let me forward a few years:  2011 I was missing about 25% of the year 
2012 I was only missing a few weeks. Which brings me to 2013:  I was completely caught up until August rolled around. That's when things fell apart. I got back on track in October. And caught up until December and that's when I lost it again. I was in a bit of a panic. With 2014 starting and I was way behind with 2013. I had to sit and think of a plan for catching up and not falling behind with 2014.  

Here is what I came up with:
- I use my planner to keep track of what CURRENT photos I take, so when i sit down to actually work on my album I know what I am looking for. 
-I work on the CURRENT week and 1 PAST week that I need to catch up on. 
- This was how I was able to complete 2013 while keeping up with and not getting behind on 2014. 

I am planning on posting my completed week by Wednesday right her on the blog.   So keep your eye out for the upcoming week.  

Leslie :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment